Ministry of Information
Have a question? Become a Patron and I’ll give it my best shot!
What My Protestant Church of Christ Preacher Fans Are Saying
• "Your website is a troll." "You son of Satan."
-Scott J. Shifferd, Dean Road Church of Christ
• "Pax [(he thinks "pax" means "Pat" and not "peace")] cannot do us no harm and that why he wont fly to Martinsville not unless we foot he bill [to debate me on my television show]. . . . Really now I just want you to man up and bring your false doctrine to the airwaves but You and me know that wont happen because all you can do is play book writer and site master. You take that book momey Buy a plane tickey then we post it all on youtube how about that?"
-Johnny Robertson, founder of Church of Christ WDTBS Television Show
• "You are not a model of ethicality."
-Neal Pollard, Bear Valley Church of Christ; instructor at Bear Valley Bible Institute
• "Patrick Vandapool you will pay for your crimes against God." "You and your Church are condemned, better accept the Gospel and leave your Church before you die in your sins. you are an alien sinner!" "Your brainwashed." "Your site is a propaganda site." Your not a true Christian." "Your a fool... . I never called you a fool."
-John Riddle; "well tranned priest of the Lord's Church"
• "Are you an unmarried man under 25? Your writing style and wisdom match such a profile."
-Steve Rudd, Hamilton Church of Christ; founder of CofC propaganda website bible.ca
• "You have to be the most immature person that I've ever "met" in WordPress, and that includes the atheists, by which in overwhelming numbers show more common courtesy and respect that you. Are you 10 years old? ...if that's what your readers enjoy then it says as much about them as it does you."
-Eugene Adkins, Keltonburg Church of Christ
• Unless otherwise noted, biblical citations are from the Catholic Edition of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible.
• I'm a layman. To the best of my knowledge, everything I present within this blog is orthodox and true. If anything I present is not in accordance with the Sacred Tradition of the Holy Catholic Church, and if I'm shown to be in error, I will happily correct my mistake.
What Stoopid Catholics Are Saying
• "I just found your blog, and fell in love. Pretty much at the same time."
-Brandon Vogt. Author, speaker
• "Patrick is gifted with both a sharp wit and a sharp pencil."
-Devin Rose. Author, speaker
• "Your sense of humor is a GIFT—we need much more of it in our Church. Thank you!!!"
-Rose Sweet. Author, speaker
• "Vandapool is the Dennis Miller of apologetics."
-Brent Stubbs. Author
• "Patrick Vandapool is a godless commie who hates America, babies, and God and wants to plunge us into a socialist peacenik nightmare of constitutionalism, common sense, and obedience to Holy Chuch on matters of cold-blooded murder. But he is pretty funny."
-Mark Shea. Author, speaker
• "I just looked at your site, and I do like it! I’ve always enjoyed good satire."
-Dave Armstrong. Author
• "Vandapool's use of creditable, obscure, and difficult-to-verify quotes proves his brilliance."
-Pope Benedict XVI
© CopyrightAll written material is property of Patrick Vandapool. All rights reserved.
- Marriage and Sex, Part 3. “Guilt”
- Marriage and Sex, Part 2. “Purposes”
- Marriage and Sex, Part 1. Introduction
- Next Series: The Real Church of Christ Understands Marriage and Sex
- “No Creed But the Bible” Is a Ridiculous Lie
- What CofC Men-O-God Say:
- The Real Church of Christ Is Apostolic
- Biblical Joseph and the Pyramids, Part 2
- Biblical Joseph and the Pyramids, Part 1
- Patreon Plug
- Some Scriptural / Logical Proofs: The Catholic Church of Christ Is True, and the Protestant CofC Is False
- Ecclesiology, Part 8. Response to Another Popular CofC Protest
- Ecclesiology, Part 7. Local Churches Are Planted by, and Obedient to, the Hierarchy
- Ecclesiology, Part 6. What Are the Keys?
- Ecclesiology, Part 5. The Church of Christ Is Hierarchical
- Ecclesiology, Part 4. Structure and Intent
- Ecclesiology, Part 3. Responses to CofC Protests
- Ecclesiology, Part 2. The Church of Christ Is Built on Rock
- Ecclesiology, Part 1. The Real Church of Christ Pre-Dates the Bible
- Marian Comparative Religion Observation (CofC Original Sin Blunder)
- Baptism, Part 7. Responses to Anticipated CofC Objections to Baptism for Infants
- Baptism, Part 6. The Real Church of Christ Brings Its Children to Jesus
- Baptism, Part 5. More Invalid (and dishonest) CofC Arguments for Immersion-Only Baptisms
- Baptism, Part 4. False Premise #4: The Christian Church Has Always Believed That Immersion Is the Only Acceptable Mode for Baptism
- Appendix for Previous Post: Every use of “baptism”, “baptisms”, “baptize”, “baptized”, and “baptizing” in the English New Testament (NIV); with possible contextual modal indications.
- Baptism, Part 3. False Premise (assertion) #3: Every Baptism in the Bible Is by Full Immersion.
- Been Playing
- Baptism, Part 2. False Premise #2: Baptizo Always Means Immerse
- Baptism, Part 1. Introduction & CofC False Premise #1: The Greek Word Implies Mode, Not Rite
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 4. Beware of Robes
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 3. Calling the Pope “Holy Father”
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 2. Calling Priests “Father”
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 1. The Real Church of Christ Understands It!
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 6. Concluding Remarks
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 5. Perceived Secondary Scriptural Support for the Protestant Church of Christ’s Theory
- Bike Walk-Around
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 4. 1 Timothy 4:1-3
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 3. 2 Thessalonians 2:3
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 2. A Comparative Religious Reflection on the Word “Apostasy”
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 1. The Real Church of Christ Prevails
- NEXT SERIES: Problems with the Protestant Church of Christ’s Theory of Apostasy and Restoration
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 9. Perfecting of the Saints
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 8. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 7. Acts 17:11
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 6. Tradition
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 5. 1 Corinthians 4:6
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 4. Proof-Text Arguments for “Bible-Only” Christianity
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 3. The Bible’s Table of Contents
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 2. Rule of Faith
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 1. The Church Pre-Dates the Bible
- Nine-Part Series: Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura
- When Did the Church Begin?
- Ecclesial / Papal Authority in the Bible
- Can I Prove Christianity Is True?
- Definitions of Terms
Category Archives: apologetics
Ministers and laypeople of the Protestant Church of Christ, You often profess pride in your lack of a creed, but you utilize a creed-like mantra as both a statement of belief and a disparaging commentary on Christians who do confess … Continue reading
If the absolute reasonableness, quality and thoroughness of my material bothers you, just try to shut me up by becoming a Patron. Your support might encourage me to quit. I’ve a couple videos in the works, and I’ll get them … Continue reading
CofC’ers, Your members ordinarily first object to the Catholic Church of Christ’s self-understanding of what Jesus’ spoken words mean by arguing from the written words of a different language as written by that same Catholic Church—by divorcing the text from … Continue reading
Appendix for Previous Post: Every use of “baptism”, “baptisms”, “baptize”, “baptized”, and “baptizing” in the English New Testament (NIV); with possible contextual modal indications.
New International Version chosen because it is an accepted and popular version within the Protestant Church of Christ. Matthew 3:6 Baptized in the river; “In” does not specify depth, but rather, they entered the river. No modal indication 3:7 Many … Continue reading
CofC-ers, The Protestant Church of Christ often objects to the Catholic Church’s use of vestments (robes), and believes that its use of vestments are an indication that it is a body that Christians should “beware of.” This particular objection is … Continue reading
One force that pushed my conversion towards Catholicism from non-Catholic, Stone-Campbellite Christianity was Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger’s theology, who is already our former pope. Of course, such interest antagonized my low-church Fundamentalist sensibilities. Though he haunted me, I enjoyed every moment, … Continue reading
The following outline shows that Christ Jesus intended to create a holy, visible Church; complete with a prime minister, a hierarchy, binding authority, and perpetuity—the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. • The Davidic kingdom foreshadowed the Christian Church, complete … Continue reading