What My CofC Preacher Fans Are Saying
• "Your website is a troll." "You son of Satan."
-Scott J. Shifferd, Dean Road Church of Christ
• "Pax [(he thinks "pax" means "Pat" and not "peace")] cannot do us no harm and that why he wont fly to Martinsville not unless we foot he bill [to debate me on my television show]. . . . Really now I just want you to man up and bring your false doctrine to the airwaves but You and me know that wont happen because all you can do is play book writer and site master. You take that book momey Buy a plane tickey then we post it all on youtube how about that?"
-Johnny Robertson, founder of Church of Christ WDTBS Television Show
• "You are not a model of ethicality."
-Neal Pollard, Bear Valley Church of Christ; instructor at Bear Valley Bible Institute
• "Patrick Vandapool you will pay for your crimes against God." "You and your Church are condemned, better accept the Gospel and leave your Church before you die in your sins. you are an alien sinner!" "Your brainwashed." "Your site is a propaganda site." Your not a true Christian." "Your a fool... . I never called you a fool."
-John Riddle; "well tranned priest of the Lord's Church"
• "Are you an unmarried man under 25? Your writing style and wisdom match such a profile."
-Steve Rudd, Hamilton Church of Christ; founder of CofC propaganda website bible.ca
• "You have to be the most immature person that I've ever "met" in WordPress, and that includes the atheists, by which in overwhelming numbers show more common courtesy and respect that you. Are you 10 years old? ...if that's what your readers enjoy then it says as much about them as it does you."
-Eugene Adkins, Keltonburg Church of Christ
• Unless otherwise noted, biblical citations are from the Catholic Edition of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible.
• I'm a layman. To the best of my knowledge, everything I present within this blog is orthodox and true. If anything I present is not in accordance with the Sacred Tradition of the Holy Catholic Church, and if I'm shown to be in error, I will happily correct my mistake.
© CopyrightAll written material is property of Patrick Vandapool. All rights reserved.
- Bible Mysteries on YouTube
- Insight into Christian Pro-Life Philosophy by Analyzing How Catholics and CofC-ers View Church Origins
- Protestant Church of Christ’s Acquiescence to Modern Bible Versions’ Anti-Marian Evolution
- A Psycho-Theological Reason Why [Protestant] Church of Christ Ministers Fear Christmas
- A Reflection on the CofC’s “Apostasy Theory” and How It Relates to Marriage
- Are Protestant Church of Christ Elders Valid?
- How the CofC Could Better Defend Baptismal Regeneration
- The Protestant “War on Hanukkah” Proves Catholicism More Plausible
- Creed: Part #2, Application of the Creed and Current CofC Disunity Regarding Baptism
- Creed: Part #1, “No Creed But the Bible” Proves Catholicism More Christian
- Applying Reason to the Protestant Church of Christ’s Claim as “the Original Church”
- In Their Own Words: [Protestant] Church of Christ Christians’ Journeys Toward (and from) the Fullness of Christianity
- Scott J. Shifferd: A “Straw Man” Meltdown
- How Does Mary Make Us More Christian?
- The “Why” of the CofC’s Hybrid Christian / Worldly View of Marriage
- The CofC’s Self-Invalidating Approach to Religion and its Dependence on a Pre-Christianized Catholic Culture
- An Ex-CofC Convert to Catholicism “vs.” an Ex-Catholic Convert to CofC-ism. Judge for Yourself.
- Calling Men “Father”: Protestant Church of Christ Proof-Text vs. Catholic Church of Christ Context
- Mother’s Day Special: A Few Short “Pat Answers” to Common Protestant Questions about Mary
- A CofC Christian Pokes His Head out of the Fortress: Asks, “When Did the Church Begin?”
- Does the Bible *Really* Say What the Bible Is? (The CofC’s Best Proofs Fall Apart)
- Is Annulment Catholic Code for Divorce?
- Q & A with a Recent Convert: Bible, Role of Holy Spirit, Apostasy, Communion Frequency, Family Relations, Pagan Similarities, Authority, Approach to Religion
- Is Celibacy “Satanic”? Are Elders *Really* Supposed to be Married?
- Is CofC “Birth Control” Christian?
- How Protestant Church of Christ Marriage Resembles a “Snow-Covered Dung Heap”
- I Write to People I Understand
- Not One Single Restorationist “Church of Christ” Resembles the New Testament Church; Every Local Church Was Catholic
- The Early “House Churches”, of Course, Were Catholic
- CofC Minister Johnny Robertson: “[Patrick Vandapool] cannot do us no harm”
- John T. Polk II Proves How the Protestant Church of Christ Is More Satanic Than Christian This Easter Season (Zing!)
- Taylor Swift Is Right! Anti-Catholics Gonna Hate
- Why Aren’t You Catholic?
- Bible: “Man of God” = “Catholic Priest” (Not Every Believer)
- Marian Comparative Religion Observation
- A Reader’s Questions: Papacy and Certainty of Salvation
- An Unfortunate (and Typical) Representative of Protestant Church of Christ Leaders
- A Little Encouragement
- Definition of Terms for my CofC Readers: Clarity with Charity
- A Reader Asked a Question about Questions for Members of the [Protestant] Churches of Christ
- My Latest Book: The Noble Bereans Were Catholic
- The Perfecting of the Saints: Protestant Church of Christ Proof-Text vs. Catholic Church of Christ Context
- In an Effort to Argue Against the Obvious Truth of CofC Self-Popery, Fellowshiproom.org Self-Popes Its Way to the “True” Meaning of Acts 17
- EASTER: Christians Celebrate, Haters Salivate
- Question of the Day
- A Question Comfortable Restorationists Never Ask
- My Latest Book: The Church of Christ Is Built on Rock
- Protestant Machine Gun Evangelization Only Works on People Who Are as Ignorant as the Evangelist
- Theo-Logical Comparative Religion Thought of the Day
- Protestant Church of Christ Arguments for New Testament Canonical Certitude, and Its Reliance on Catholic Inspiration and Authority
- Protestant Church of Christ Preacher and Radio Talk Show Host: “The Catholics Did Not Give Us the Bible. God Did!”
- Some Deficiencies of the Protestant Church of Christ’s Rule of Faith, and Its Dependence on a Pre-Christianized Culture
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 Explained
- Did Jesus Build His Church on a “Confession of Faith” or Did He Build His Church on St. Peter?
- The Church of Christ Is Hierarchical
- The Church of Judas vs. the Catholic Church of Christ
- The Church of Christ Pre-Dates the Bible
- Negative Protestant Conditioning of “Traditions”
- “. . . not to go beyond what is written” Explained
- The Berean / Catholic Model Is More “Noble” than the Thessalonian / Protestant Model (cf. Acts 17:11)
- The Church of Christ Is Built on Rock
- Fundamentalism’s Use of “You . . . are a royal priesthood” Backfires; Verse Actually Supports Ministerial Priesthood
- How Cohesive Sacramental Theology Can Lead a Person to the [Catholic] Church of Christ
- A Peek into A CofC Christian’s Journey Home
- Protestant Church of Christ Objection to Baptism for Infants #2
- Protestant Church of Christ Objection to Baptism for Infants #1
- The Church of Christ Brings Its Children to Jesus
- Popular Abuses of Catholic Sources That Protestant Church of Christ Apologists Use to Defend Immersion-Only Baptism
- “Immersion-Only Baptism” False Premise #4
- “Immersion-Only Baptism” False Premise #3
- “Immersion-Only Baptism” False Premise #2
- “Immersion-Only Baptism” False Premise #1
- The Church of Christ Recognizes Various Modes of Baptism
- “Beware of . . . robes” Explained
- Is It Wrong to Address a Man as “Holy Father”?
- “Call no man your father on earth” Explained
- Spiritual Fatherhood
- The Church of Christ Is Apostolic
- Additional Evidence Against the Protestant Church of Christ’s Theory of Apostasy
- Perceived Secondary Scriptural Support for the Protestant Church of Christ’s Theory of Apostasy
- Protestant Church of Christ Proof of Apostasy #2
- Protestant Church of Christ Proof of Apostasy #1
- A Comparative Religious Reflection on the Word “Apostasy”
- The “Great Apostasy” Myth
- Local Churches of Christ Are Obedient to the Hierarchy
- Keys of the Kingdom
- Wandering into Myths
- The Church of Christ and Baptism
© CopyrightAll written material is property of Patrick Vandapool. All rights reserved.
Category Archives: Apostasy
One thing that drew me from the Restorationist Churches of Christ (CofC) to the Catholic Church of Christ was the absolute reasonableness and cohesion of Catholic theology. Throughout this website I’ve addressed the CofC’s best arguments for its “Apostasy Theory” … Continue reading
This portion of a larger essay addresses several common attacks that the Protestant Church of Christ hurls towards the Catholic Church of Christ. These CofC attacks are performed for two reasons: justify its own sexual behavior (I promise, this is … Continue reading
Protestant Church of Christ readers, Did St. Paul fail to include an expiration date when he wrote, Obey your leaders and submit to them; for they are keeping watch over your souls, as men who will have to give an … Continue reading
Protestant Church of Christ readers, As I write this essay, I am also reading a Facebook post by Protestant Church of Christ preacher Neal Pollard, who seems to fairly represent your community’s worldview; he is, in fact, an instructor at … Continue reading
Ministers and laypeople of the Protestant Church of Christ, can you not acknowledge that any “Bible-only” community cannot be the true Church of Christ, that the ontological priority of a sacred library of books must be a sacred body with the … Continue reading
Is the Church not the household of God (1 Timothy 3:15)—the house that Christ built? Is Christ not more powerful than Satan (cf. 1 John 4:4)? No one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods (Mark 3:27), but … Continue reading
The Scriptures do teach that many people will fall away, but they never indicate that there would be a Great or near-Great Apostasy. Many of the Protestant Church of Christ’s preferred proof-texts, to its own demise, in fact teach that … Continue reading