Ministry of Information
Have a question? Become a Patron and I’ll give it my best shot!
What My Protestant Church of Christ Preacher Fans Are Saying
• "Your website is a troll." "You son of Satan."
-Scott J. Shifferd, Dean Road Church of Christ
• "Pax [(he thinks "pax" means "Pat" and not "peace")] cannot do us no harm and that why he wont fly to Martinsville not unless we foot he bill [to debate me on my television show]. . . . Really now I just want you to man up and bring your false doctrine to the airwaves but You and me know that wont happen because all you can do is play book writer and site master. You take that book momey Buy a plane tickey then we post it all on youtube how about that?"
-Johnny Robertson, founder of Church of Christ WDTBS Television Show
• "You are not a model of ethicality."
-Neal Pollard, Bear Valley Church of Christ; instructor at Bear Valley Bible Institute
• "Patrick Vandapool you will pay for your crimes against God." "You and your Church are condemned, better accept the Gospel and leave your Church before you die in your sins. you are an alien sinner!" "Your brainwashed." "Your site is a propaganda site." Your not a true Christian." "Your a fool... . I never called you a fool."
-John Riddle; "well tranned priest of the Lord's Church"
• "Are you an unmarried man under 25? Your writing style and wisdom match such a profile."
-Steve Rudd, Hamilton Church of Christ; founder of CofC propaganda website bible.ca
• "You have to be the most immature person that I've ever "met" in WordPress, and that includes the atheists, by which in overwhelming numbers show more common courtesy and respect that you. Are you 10 years old? ...if that's what your readers enjoy then it says as much about them as it does you."
-Eugene Adkins, Keltonburg Church of Christ
• Unless otherwise noted, biblical citations are from the Catholic Edition of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible.
• I'm a layman. To the best of my knowledge, everything I present within this blog is orthodox and true. If anything I present is not in accordance with the Sacred Tradition of the Holy Catholic Church, and if I'm shown to be in error, I will happily correct my mistake.
What Stoopid Catholics Are Saying
• "I just found your blog, and fell in love. Pretty much at the same time."
-Brandon Vogt. Author, speaker
• "Patrick is gifted with both a sharp wit and a sharp pencil."
-Devin Rose. Author, speaker
• "Your sense of humor is a GIFT—we need much more of it in our Church. Thank you!!!"
-Rose Sweet. Author, speaker
• "Vandapool is the Dennis Miller of apologetics."
-Brent Stubbs. Author
• "Patrick Vandapool is a godless commie who hates America, babies, and God and wants to plunge us into a socialist peacenik nightmare of constitutionalism, common sense, and obedience to Holy Chuch on matters of cold-blooded murder. But he is pretty funny."
-Mark Shea. Author, speaker
• "I just looked at your site, and I do like it! I’ve always enjoyed good satire."
-Dave Armstrong. Author
• "Vandapool's use of creditable, obscure, and difficult-to-verify quotes proves his brilliance."
-Pope Benedict XVI
© CopyrightAll written material is property of Patrick Vandapool. All rights reserved.
- Tips for Converting Romanists to Christianity
- Evangelicals, This Is One Way You’re Confused about Baptism (and So Many Other Things)
- How Does Mary Make Us More Christian?
- Bible Ninja Answers a Catholic about the Protestant Church of Christ
- One Reason Protestant Church of Christ-ers Don’t Love Mary
- You Totally Want This!
- Marriage and Sex, Part 8. A Foundational Protestant Assumption
- Marriage and Sex, Part 7. “Annulment Is Divorce”
- Marriage and Sex, Part 6. “Scandal”
- Marriage and Sex, Part 5. Celibacy Is “Satanic Doctrine”
- Marriage and Sex, Part 4. “Birth Control”
- Marriage and Sex, Part 3. “Guilt”
- Marriage and Sex, Part 2. “Purposes”
- Marriage and Sex, Part 1. Introduction
- Next Series: The Real Church of Christ Understands Marriage and Sex
- “No Creed But the Bible” Is a Ridiculous Lie
- The Real Church of Christ Is Apostolic
- Patreon Plug
- Some Scriptural / Logical Proofs: The Catholic Church of Christ Is True, and the Protestant CofC Is False
- Ecclesiology, Part 8. Response to Another Popular CofC Protest
- Ecclesiology, Part 7. Local Churches Are Planted by, and Obedient to, the Hierarchy
- Ecclesiology, Part 6. What Are the Keys?
- Ecclesiology, Part 5. The Church of Christ Is Hierarchical
- Ecclesiology, Part 4. Structure and Intent
- Ecclesiology, Part 3. Responses to CofC Protests
- Ecclesiology, Part 2. The Church of Christ Is Built on Rock
- Ecclesiology, Part 1. The Real Church of Christ Pre-Dates the Bible
- Marian Comparative Religion Observation (CofC Original Sin Blunder)
- Baptism, Part 7. Responses to Anticipated CofC Objections to Baptism for Infants
- Baptism, Part 6. The Real Church of Christ Brings Its Children to Jesus
- Baptism, Part 5. More Invalid (and dishonest) CofC Arguments for Immersion-Only Baptisms
- Baptism, Part 4. False Premise #4: The Christian Church Has Always Believed That Immersion Is the Only Acceptable Mode for Baptism
- Appendix for Previous Post: Every use of “baptism”, “baptisms”, “baptize”, “baptized”, and “baptizing” in the English New Testament (NIV); with possible contextual modal indications.
- Baptism, Part 3. False Premise (assertion) #3: Every Baptism in the Bible Is by Full Immersion.
- Baptism, Part 2. False Premise #2: Baptizo Always Means Immerse
- Baptism, Part 1. Introduction & CofC False Premise #1: The Greek Word Implies Mode, Not Rite
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 4. Beware of Robes
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 3. Calling the Pope “Holy Father”
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 2. Calling Priests “Father”
- Spiritual Fatherhood, Part 1. The Real Church of Christ Understands It!
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 6. Concluding Remarks
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 5. Perceived Secondary Scriptural Support for the Protestant Church of Christ’s Theory
- Bike Walk-Around
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 4. 1 Timothy 4:1-3
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 3. 2 Thessalonians 2:3
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 2. A Comparative Religious Reflection on the Word “Apostasy”
- Apostasy and Restoration, Part 1. The Real Church of Christ Prevails
- NEXT SERIES: Problems with the Protestant Church of Christ’s Theory of Apostasy and Restoration
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 9. Perfecting of the Saints
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 8. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 7. Acts 17:11
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 6. Tradition
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 5. 1 Corinthians 4:6
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 4. Proof-Text Arguments for “Bible-Only” Christianity
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 3. The Bible’s Table of Contents
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 2. Rule of Faith
- Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura, Part 1. The Church Pre-Dates the Bible
- Nine-Part Series: Sola Scriptura vs. Scriptura
- When Did the Church Begin?
- Ecclesial / Papal Authority in the Bible
- Can I Prove Christianity Is True?
- Definitions of Terms
Tag Archives: churches of christ
False Premise #2: The secular and Christian use of the Greek word from which the English word “baptism” is derived always refers to immersion (complete submersion) in a fluid. Restorationist Christians, The Protestant Church of Christ’s second false premise is … Continue reading
CofC-ers, The Protestant Church of Christ objects to the Catholic Church’s practice of calling her priests “fathers”. Your group bases its objection not on the full corpus of Scripture, but on a single, isolated verse: And call no man your … Continue reading
Apostasy and Restoration, Part 5. Perceived Secondary Scriptural Support for the Protestant Church of Christ’s Theory
CofC Christians, The Scriptures do teach that many people will fall away, but they never indicate that there would be a Great or near-Great Apostasy. Many of your preferred proof-texts in fact teach that “many (not all, not most) will … Continue reading
CofC people, Consider a sacramental reflection on the word “apostasy”, and how it relates to the full understanding of what “falling away” might mean—how it might reveal which Church, Catholic or “Protestant / Restored”, is more legitimate. The “falling away” … Continue reading
In the next several posts I will break down how the CofC wrongly teaches that a “Great Apostasy” preceded its “Restoration”. I’ll go over EVERY CofC alleged scriptural proof for its theory, illustrate how the CofC forces an anti-Catholic (bigoted… … Continue reading
Members of the Protestant Church of Christ, Catholics admit Jesus established an authoritative Church, the Church wrote and compiled the New Testament writings, she added them to the Old Testament, and then called the entire library of Sacred Scripture the … Continue reading
Ministers and laypeople of the Protestant Church of Christ, Can you not acknowledge that any “Bible-only” community cannot be the true Church of Christ? Can you not understand that the ontological priority of a sacred library of books must be … Continue reading